Winter opening and changes to how the lodge will operate
Thredbo Winter Opening June 22
We welcome the exciting announcement that Thredbo Resort is planning to open on 22 June (conditions permitting). The revised operating plan for the Resort has been developed under the advice provided by the NSW Health Department and the State and Federal Governments. The Resort has repeated the request by the Australian Government for everyone to download the COVIDSafe app to give confidence that cases can be identified and contained, which will enable the restrictions to be eased and help keep the snow season safe.
Please refer to Thredbo’s COVID-19 frequently asked questions for information regarding lift and season passes, and the requirement to re-purchase new day or multi-day passes from Wednesday 10 June 2020 onwards.
Winter operations and bookings at Boali Lodge
In relation to accommodation at Boali, the Lodge will initially operate at 50% capacity, which will enable compliance with hygiene and social distancing requirements. The situation will be assessed on an ongoing basis, and capacity will be adjusted according to how the Lodge is functioning, and the degree of compliance with hygiene and social distancing requirements. If you are not a member of the lodge and don’t already receive our monthly newsletter we’d like to strongly suggest you subscribe to stay updated with the current situation.
We are also developing the overall COVIDSafe plan for the Lodge. Please be assured that we are working hard on trying to maximise the availability of the Lodge to members and guests for the winter 2020 season in as safe a manner as possible however social distancing rules will require some changes to how the lodge operates. Examples of the changes that are currently being considered include:
- Changes to meal times (e.g. 2 shorter sittings each meal time)
- Reduction from 3 courses to 2 larger courses for dinner
- Changes to buffet style layout of breakfast and lunches
- Designated seating for meals
- Families with children eating dinner together and parents being responsible for supervising their children’s meal
- Changes to use of the communal lounge and play/tv rooms (e.g. rostering time in common areas between different groups, additional closure times due to additional cleaning requirements).
- Closure of sauna and bathroom on dining level
- Additional hygiene requirements for all patrons (handwashing, use of hand sanitiser etc)
- Other social distancing measures in common areas such as ski storage and drying rooms
- Completion of COVID declaration prior to arrival at the Lodge (e.g. symptom free, no contact with known cases etc)
By paying your deposit and balance of your booking, you agree to abide by the COVID-safe requirements of the lodge in place at the time of your stay. If Thredbo Resort operations and/or Boali Lodge cannot operate due to COVID-19 government regulations, booking deposits for cancelled bookings will be held in credit and will be valid for use within 12 months.
At present we are not advertising winter availability, however should you wish to make a booking please contact our Bookings Officer directly. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org